Monday, September 6, 2010

5K Labor Day Fun Run

We had a great time at the 5K Labor Day Fun Run today!  So proud of Reanna, she PR'ed (Personal Record 30:41) and she got second in her age group!  I am so glad she enjoys running and she does it so well!



Rosi ran really well and was able to PR (26:50) also!  Her race was a story in itself.  She was pacing early in the race with this woman who looked like she was in her age group.  The woman got ahead of Rosi then stopped and started walking.  Rosi slowed down and encouraged the woman to continue running and told her, "you can rest when the race is over".  Well the woman started running again and beat Rosi by about 14 seconds.  The woman ended up being in her age group and got 3rd place and Rosi got 4th.  Unfortunately they give medals only for 1st-3rd place!

Raelene was very patient and did well in the stroller.  She tucked and was in aero position so I could run faster!  ;-)  I ran in the stroller division because Raelene isn't quite ready to run/walk 3.1 miles.  I took 1st place in the stroller division, but for some reason they stuck me in the male individual runner category and I took 3rd in my age group.  LDS put on a great race!


No comments:

Post a Comment