Monday, June 20, 2011

Total Training Hours for Ironman 2011

When you see the road closure signs going up in Coeur' d'Alene, you know race day is getting CLOSE!!

Took this pic after an open water swim with James & Paul.  The water was COLD and ROUGH! 6/19/11
 Rosi and the girls each picked out a stone and gave them to me for Fathers Day! Loved them!
One of my daughters suggested I carry them while racing.  :-)  I will...but not physically.

Here are my total Ironman training hours/miles to date:
 



My Actual Training Miles
Swim 92.4909
Bike  2365.07
Run 591.83





Ironman Race Distance
Swim 2.4 miles
Bike  112 miles
Run 26.2 miles

Accumulating all the miles I trained in the last six months and dividing them by the race distance, you will find
- I swam 2.4 miles 38.5 times
- I rode 112 miles 21.1 times
- I ran a marathon 22.6 times 

How fast will I be able to swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles and run 26.2 miles consecutively?  It will be interesting to find out.  If you are not able to be at the race you can get live updates the day of the race from 
http://www.ironmanlive.com/
Rene Guerrero
Race# 1935

1 comment:

  1. very excited for you! Remember to soak up the experience, there is nothing else like it. Thats why people keep coming back....the next year ;) You have put in the work, now to to show it off!! Have a great day, I will be out there, yelling odd stuff

    ReplyDelete